etnobofin

Free Parking for improvisation in multiple environments.

Friday, April 01, 2005

The Mothership is Coming

Parliament - Gamin' On Ya!
From Parliament Live: P-Funk Earth Tour: Casablanca 834 941-2 [Buy Here]

Funkadelic - Elektro-Cuties
From The Electric Spanking of War Babies: Warner Brothers WBK 56 874 [Buy Here]

I am very excited. Tomorrow night the George Clinton P-Funk roadshow hits town. As far as I am aware, this will be the first time that his band has played in New Zealand, and if it's even half as good as James Brown last year, I will be a very happy camper.


The Good Doctor, Treatin' Sum Maggots

What can I say? George Clinton is The Funk. Sure, there are plenty bands that live with the funk, eat with the funk, die with the funk. But only George Clinton is Doctor Funkenstein, and he has been delivering his P-skription for more than three decades.


Even Lego Man Wants to Get Funked Up

My first band after I left high school could play six songs - the entire 4-song length of Herbie Hancock's Headhunters, Kool and the Gang's Jungle Boogie, and our own version of P. Funk (Wants to Get Funked Up). Parliament/Funkadelic is an important part of my musical education, and on Saturday night in Auckland city, we will get to Turn That Mother Out - for real this time. Yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home