etnobofin

Free Parking for improvisation in multiple environments.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Weekend Distraction

I was in a rather erudite mood after attending last night's 25th Anniversary concert by the Auckland Philharmonia (Beethoven's 8th, violinist Eugene Fodor playing Ravel's Tzigane and Poème by Chausson, some exciting Mexican stuff and NZ composer Ross Harris' hilarious orchestral mashup entitled Cento).

I'd also just splurged at Borders on the Berlin Philharmoniker under Claudio Abbado playing Mahler's 5th, (thanks to a recommendation by Nick), AEOC's Fanfare for the Warriors and some Benjamin Britten choral work sung by the Choir of King's College Cambridge. I was well ready for some serious listening on Saturday and Sunday.

But then I found this video, I lost my attention span, and my brain turned to mush. Yes, it's an ad for Microsoft, but I thought it was so silly that it deserved to be posted.

Curse this modern world and its adolescent diversions.








4 Comments:

  • At 12:01 AM, Blogger Nick said…

    That video is hilarious...if only I could understand it... It is quite funny though. I was cruising blogs the other day and came across a link to a really funny site by a Canadian here

    I watched the video yesterday and then look who posts about it...my twin from NZ :P I wonder who the evil one is???

     
  • At 7:52 PM, Blogger etnobofin said…

    Yes, unfortunately my Korean is pretty rusty too.

    You watched this video yesterday? This is very scary. If I am the evil twin, then I'm frightening myself.

    BTW I am enjoying the Mahler too. It was definitely a good first-up purchase. Now for Mahler 7 next :-)

    Frieden

     
  • At 11:50 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    good to hear...it can be heavy stuff at times but great none the less!

    Happy listening.

     
  • At 10:45 AM, Blogger zaxl said…

    really funny! totally different from what I'm used to. A different mind set, or something like that.
    regards,

     

Post a Comment

<< Home