etnobofin

Free Parking for improvisation in multiple environments.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Here Come the Rhinos

Where does the madness end? At least Russell Brown took some time out from his holiday to provide some well-aimed deconstruction of United Future's draft law and order policy. Chemical castration, cumulative sentences and yet more "tough on drugs" rhetoric doesn't seem to add up to a justice system where we can stop "building prisons" as United Future Justice Spokesperson Marc Alexander claims. At least they aren't telling us what sort of haircut we should have, unlike Kim Jong-Il.

And further to my noting of anti-Frenchie cheese-eater blogs a few days ago, it's a comfort to know that there are people like LeMondewatch to protect us from ever being swayed by insidious anti-American sentiments boiling away among the intellectual elites of Europe. How dare those wine-chugging frog journos suggest a rapprochement with the Arab-Muslim world? This is dangerous talk indeed! I'm going to have to cancel my subscription! Ooh, and I better stop watching/listening to the BBC, too. Yup, I think a solid, extended course of self-censorship is in order.

I'm sorry, but in matters international, moral, and political,
I am the very model of the modern urban liberal.

All this right-wing invective is making me relate strongly to this article by Joe Bageant. Here come the rhinos, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home