etnobofin

Free Parking for improvisation in multiple environments.

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Peace on the West Coast

Sometimes some alone time is a good thing.

Today I drove out to Te Henga (Bethells Beach), on Auckland's west coast. The road steamed with recent rain. I parked up and walked south along the beach. A dog followed me. The Tasman Sea roared in my right ear. A monk in Tibetan robes was sitting on a rock, looking out at the ocean. At the far end of the beach, volcanic cliffs rise up and lump southwards, riddled with caves. A boisterous family was wading knee-deep in the surf, collecting shellfish from under the sand, slinging their dinner into a large paint bucket. I turned around to head north. The Tasman Sea roared in my left ear. Steel grey clouds towered over the hills, but the rain held off. Another dog came up and sniffed me. I brushed the black sand off my shoes and drove home.

Stan Getz - With the Wind and the Rain
Stan Getz - Ballad
From Highlights: Verve 847 430-2 [Buy Stan Getz albums]




1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home