etnobofin

Free Parking for improvisation in multiple environments.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The Best Laid Plans of Mice

Righto, I'm back with some more regular posts. I said earlier on that I was taking some time to focus on some projects. The results of actually focusing on these projects were:

1. One of the projects got moved forward a little bit.
2. I decided that one of the projects wasn't actually what I wanted to do, and gave it up.
3. I spent a whole lot of unplanned time re-connecting with friends, (and making some new ones), which in fact I realise now, was what I actually needed to do.

I guess the lesson here is that I should stop being so self-important and let things drift a bit more. Then I might actually achieve something.


Mt Eden, early summer 2005

4 Comments:

  • At 7:20 PM, Blogger DJ durutti said…

    hey man -- welcome back! glad a couple things moved forward and the (unplanned) reconnect/make new friends front was productive!
    cheers.

     
  • At 11:53 PM, Blogger Nick said…

    Cool post! "stop being so self-important and let things drift a bit more"...I know exactly what you mean...this year is allowing me to do exactly that.

     
  • At 12:17 PM, Blogger etnobofin said…

    Gee thanks molo, that was a very kind comment!

    Peace

     
  • At 5:14 AM, Blogger Rushan said…

    It's amazing how "going with the flow" or "letting things drift a little" can be so empowering!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home