etnobofin

Free Parking for improvisation in multiple environments.

Thursday, January 13, 2005

Redécouverte Heureuse

Oh, how I wish I hadn't been at work when I rediscovered Boris Vian, thanks to David f presents (un grand merci, Monsieur f!). As it was, it was all I could do not to cry at my desk as I listened to a streaming version of Le Deserteur, which must be one of the great anti-war songs ever...the last stanza is heart rending.

Monsieur le président.
Si vous me poursuivez,
Prevenez vos gendarmes
Que je n'aurai pas d'armes
Et qu'ils pourront tirer.

Monsieur le président,
If you come after me
Tell your policemen
That I wont have a gun
And they'll be able to shoot.


Would you buy a car off this man? Posted by Hello

And while we're talking about musical blogs, Soul Sides makes little etnobofin here look, well, just a little bit crap. Ah well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home